View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
It was never about what he said, it was about how he said it.

...and like I've said in numerous threads, stability isn't a science. A huge variable in that equation is the thrower. If you find someone whose opinion on discs is congruent with yours and you trust their advice, then yeah definitely heed it. Not everybody is going to agree all the time, c'est la vie.
This was the part that cost the sale...
Quote:
Thanks for proving your ability to compare discs. Next time bring something productive to a discussion
Advice and flight ratings only go so far. We all know people that can do things with our own discs that we can't. There's differences in flight from person to person. If these discs were thrown by a robot in a controlled environment then I know I could trust ratings.

I load my own ammo. I follow the guide and make a few tester rounds at different powder weights til I get to max load. I can have two guns from the same company, and they'll probably like a different recipie. That's why responsible loaders don't trust any load data from the net.

It all really boils down to hucking the plastic yourself...You guys just made me buy two discs now...well, maybe one. I already have an Archon, I just want to try the Astra in Pro.