View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbagnola1 View Post
During an extra windy round a few years ago a buddy if mine shanks his shot left. He finds his disc and takes his shot. As he is bending over to pick up his bag a branch breaks from above. He manages to scoop his bag and run to safety. This branch would of definitely injured him.
This past spring I was playing with a friend at DR Disc Golf in Maine. On hole 11 he ended up in the stream to the left. He had to walk across a fallen tree to get to his disc that had landed on a pile of branches at the end of the fallen tree. He threw from the tree (without falling in, which was miraculous considering his lie) and walked back to the bank. Not even 5 seconds after he reached the bank, a massive branch (15' and thick) fell right where my buddy had just thrown from. The branch must have already been broken and just barely holding on up there because there wasn't a hint of any wind.

Just as miraculous, on the hole before, I had a set in putt for deuce. That was on a 421' course-par 5. Fairway is a 300' s-curve followed by a 100' straight section to the basket. I hit the s-curve with too much speed but never hit any trees or branches. So the Archon I threw had enough flight to finish with a smooth fade directly to the basket. Very wooded course, so a drive that long doesn't happen very often.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_i...402&p=c25c26e2