View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz36984 View Post
I just registered for a tourny in Cincinnati, the CCS at Mt. Airy (Oct 20th), and there is someone rated 937 playing Intermediate. I thought 935+ played advanced? I really don't care either way b/c I'm going to win just stating its happening.
It's not "happening", it's potentially happening. As has already been pointed out, a quick email to the TD inquiring about it probably remedies the situation, especially since there's still a week to go before the event.

I'm sure it's just an oversight that can happen when a player is that close to the line...perhaps they signed up before the last update and their rating has gone up in the meantime. Perhaps they just don't pay close enough attention to their rating to realize it is that high. More likely than not, it's not a case of the player being sneaky and trying to get away with something.

What it isn't is a case of the series over-riding rating like Chuck points out as a possible explanation for this kind of thing, primarily because the CCS doesn't track intermediate as a point division. The CCS usually isn't PDGA sanctioned at all, it's just a local series of monthly minis. But apparently some parks (like Mt Airy) require insurance, and the PDGA sanction gives them that cheaply.