View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
For the body i use merrel long sleave, thermal, merrel lightweight half zip, merrell fleece half zip, and a bubble vest on top.
Just cant beat the bubble vest for the top, nice and warm while keeping your throwing motion free from restrictions.

For keeping the neck and face warm, I would recommened the Under Armour hood. Keeps the face and neck warm, can be adjusted to expose the face and just warm the neck.

Other than the UA hood, I personally find UA overrated. Most places around these parts try and demand top dollar for UA gear and some of the prices are absurd. Not to mention their quality isn't all that, rips out just as easy as Nike or any other clothing maker. Not sure why it cost so much, maybe all the ads.

Best bang for your buck is to find a local REI and become a member. Then buy all kinds of comparible gear there for a great price and a year end rebate (10% kick back). North Face, Patagonia, REI brand, Marmot, etc... I love the REI base layers myself, pair them with a great windbreaker jacket and a nice puffy vest. Add in a fleece cap and I am ready to go.

Gonna check into a handwarmer like others posted, be nice to have one like the NFL QB's I can wear around the waist and use for my throwing hand.