View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Script View Post
I Steve Dodge says that he can essentially run 2 USDGCs for the price of one.
I didn't get to listen to the broadcast and i have never been to the Vibram Open. i am a HUGE fan of Steve and what he as created up in CT. though. In my opinion though i think the USDGC and the Vibram Open are 2 totally different tournaments and please people who have been to both let me know your opinions as well. The way i see it the Vibram Open is a players tournament and the USDGC's is a spectators tournament. Vibram is on private property while USDGC's is on a college campus. I have seen many MSDGC videos so i have an idea of what the property looks like and i am not sure you could facilitate the hundreds of people that the USDGC's pulls as pure spectators. Not to mention the Hospitatilty tents, edge experience areas and ALL the other fringe things the USDGC's offers visitors of the tournament.
The Vibram is on the right track as far as becoming the biggest paying tournament in the sport but the USDGC's has a lot of different things they are trying to accomplish other than a huge payout.
My hats off to Steve and the Vibram though. i am going to make it up there one year for sure!