View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcstradamus View Post
Expecting my pink AP to arrive in the mail today, unfortunately it is a 3 day rain spell and I may have to wait to throw it. I am expecting that this may be my 2nd most used disc in the bag other than my SSS Wizard which I use in the circle.
Got a chance to play a few rounds with my Sinus. I definitely love it. Even when my form was off and I was OAT'ing everything else, the Sinus stayed predictable.

I used it for pretty much any field shot <200ft or any tee shot <220ft. in which there was a hyzer route available, and if flew very nicely and held the line I wanted it go fly on.

The main problem I have found right now is finding a comfortable grip on it for more "finesse" shots. If I am ripping it I am fine, but when I am trying to throw with touch my grip needs adjusted. I pulled it to the right a few times and overshot the basket a few times because I wasn't feeling comfortable and confident. Fan grip didn't work for me, I had to stick with a controlled power grip.

Can't really say how much I like it as a putter for within the circle, because I love the SSS Wizard so much I see no reason to practice with anything else. But overall, I think the Sinus is now one of my new favorites in the bag.

P.S., I actually really like the grip pads for shots <100ft.