Thread: Discspeed's Bag
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
I'm really curious about two things.

How are your swords now that they are seasoned? I have a stockpile of tps between 167-171 and I love them but they are mostly in the 7.5-9/10 area. Are yours truly flippy when they break in?

Also, what's up with the villian! I don't think I've heard anyone else even mention one since they were released....how do you like it?
Unfortunately I lost my most seasoned TP Sword (it was black) before it got really understable, but it had developed some turn. I haven't had much experience with the TPs because I only like domey Swords and there were very few domey ones that came through Clearwater...and they were all black. I still have one black one, but it's pretty new. My VIPs have seasoned pretty well. My original flies very straight from a slight hyzer now and it started out fairly overstable under 400'.

The Villain has a very similar shape as the Sword, but the wing is upturned at just a bit more angle to make it considerably more overstable...It's almost like a Sword-X. The Optos are fast and overstable, and the GLs are only slightly more stable than a Sword. I use the Optos and I find them to be a great all around overstable disc. They have enough speed to fly on hyzers through the wind or get good distance into a strong headwind, yet are overstable enough to work for shorter utility shots and spikes. It's the only driver more overstable than the PD that I carry.