View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 23
Just played four, all MVP rounds Tuesday on courses I've never played before. It felt really nice to not have that moment of indecision on the tee pad. Ended up having four metal hits for the day. Two pole hits, one chain blow through and the last being a huge FH anhyzer spike (it's a relatively easy hyzer spike for you RHBH'ers, not so easy for my RHFH) with a N Axis on a blind hole that hit the nub holding the top ring of the catcher. My buddy was spotting near the hole and pointed out where the Axis hit. It couldn't have been more centered and it left a nice little black smudge on the nub. One inch higher (or longer) and it would have been my first ace. The first pole hit (first BH metal, as I'm just learning how to throw BH) and the chain hit were on back to back holes.

I had a blast all day even though my score didn't fair too well. I managed to drive really well but the cedars and hawthorns had other thoughts. I've never had so many tee shots land where I want them to but somehow result in bad skips from rocks, twigs, roots, you name it. My putting was much better than average too. I hit four 50'+ putts with my Ion. Unfortunately they were for pars and one bogey.

All in all, it was fun to get out on a gorgeous day and play some of my best golf, albeit with a lot of bad luck thrown in, with nothing but MVP plastic.