View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletwist View Post
Silly debate. The best thing anyone can do to improve scores is improve putting.

Throw it accurately 400 feet and miss a 20 foot putt. Maybe miss the 15 footer coming back. Hmmm...

Drive for show, putt for dough.

End thread.
Try it.
The point of this thread was for people to go out and see what actually is costing them strokes on the course. Play a round and for every hole you don't score what you think you should make a note of what cost you the stroke or strokes.
I always heard people say the drive for show putt for dough thing, which is stolen from ball golf, and I don't buy it.
I assume there are actually people on here that play disc golf and not just talk about it. For those that play, during your next round make a note of what deficiency in your game cost you strokes each hole. Then come back here and tell us what you found. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be birdie it could be what caused you to get the bogey or double bogey. I would be very surprised if accuracy off the tee was not number one by far. The last round I kept track of was:
Putting 1
Distance 2
Accuracy off the Tee 10

Also It shouldn't be a debate at all go test your hypothesis.