View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The question is which of those two possibilities is dominating the reviews. If Zamson/ZJ have yet to see/throw a flippy Volt at Discnation I'm leaning towards the notion of people making them flippy being the most common issue.

I'm fairly certain the the Volt run was much larger than any run of anything MVP had done previously, so this could account for some variance. However if there was major variation I would think I would see it in the 4 different weights/colors that I have (or in all the ones they've thrown at DN).
The 2 Volts I've thrown and the couple dozen I've seen at the shops have seemed consistent with what y'all have found, so it doesn't seem as though they're horribly inconsistent.

However, whentherainscome posted pretty clear photos of variation and a buddy of mine verified to me that UPS got a way flippy Volt early on too, so I believe they're out there. I imagine there are plenty of folks who have troubles keeping the more stable volts straight because of technique issues as well. It probably is the most common cause of the reports of flippy Volts, but it's too early [for me] to tell.