Thread: [MVP] Mvp Amp
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Here's the first bit of my findings. Only had about 20 throws in a field with a still wind.

To start, I took 2 Amps and a Volt out to the Disc Nation range. I learned I should have left the Volt in the car, as my first 4 throws resulted in me trying to throw it like a Volt. It is a mistake to try to compare the Amp to the Volt, as they excell at different lines. It wouldn't be fair to MVP(for letting me test) if If I focused my review on how it compares/contrasts to the Volt.

That being said, what I'm about to write is the only time I'll bring up the Volt when analyzing the AMP. The Volt wants to flip and be worked - excelling at side to side movement in flight. The Amp likes to work straight, and it holds every type of true straight shot.

So I'm going to stop there for tonight. I need more time. I just wanted to make it clear that I hope everyone that buys the Amp, doesn't do so with the mindset of "I need to compare it the volt". News flash- you can make a lot of discs do the same shot when you try to throw them on the same line. It's when you step away from a preset "slot in the bag" that you can see what a disc is capable of