Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
Ditto.

Or sarcastically: check out these plastic bags I got for free at the grocery store! Makes me feel bad for people who spent $50 on a Cabela's bag!
I mean, I'm not going to knock anyone who wants to make their own bag. Look at my signature, I am obviously fully supportive of the DIY movement. I enjoy it. But if someone doesn't get that the Grip is a better bag with 0 effort for disc golf purposes, they're either in denial or live in Colorado (ha, pot joke).

The Cabela's bag is great. The Swiss Gear bag is great. Some people just don't want to build a PVC frame, pin stuff together, put drinks in a tackle pouch, etc. to make a DG bag. Some people want a rainfly, and two insulated drink holders, and pockets built for pencils, minis, scorecards and all that good stuff.

My DJ Armory bag is far cheaper (in both price and quality) than a Cabela's bag, and I love it. But I'm not naive enough to think it compares to a Cabela's bag. They all do the basics. Hold discs, and get carried around. That's effectively all a disc golf bag is. The quality of it's ability to do that against the work you have to put into making it do that is what determines the right bag for the player. No option is "better" or "right."