Alrighty, boredom set in. One of the problems I've had with the bag is the top sags down. From the top of the frame I made to the base, the bag is solid. From the top of the discs and up, it's a limp sack. It got really bad when I switched to a metal DD mini from my normal Discraft mini. I removed the mini pocket from the top front, and now use the mesh pocket on the side for my mini. It works better anyways.
So what I did was raise the frame up a bit. Gave it some height so the top of the frame sits right between the shoulderblades now. It did wonders for the stability of the bag. Now I can load up the smaller top pocket with my phone, wallet, keys, etc. and the bag doesn't collapse down onto my discs. (picture 1)
Now, the new problem THAT caused was, the bar across the top of the frame is NOT comfortable. There is padding on the back of the bag but it's pretty flimsy. With the bag square on your back, the bar goes shoulderblade to shoulderblade and rubs against it pretty rough.
Luckily, I was looking to fix up the frame anyways. The front and back panels (as stated in earlier posts) are just cardboard wrapped in duct tape. I needed a more permanent solution. Seemed like the perfect time to come up with something better.
For $1.50 at Wal-Mart, you can buy a "Garage Sale" sign in fairly thick corrugated plastic. I cut that down to size for a front panel and a back panel that now covers the whole frame. (picture 2)
Next, I picked up a $3.00 roll of 1/8" thick padding made for wrapping pipes. I cut out strips to cover the back panel. I glued it on with E6000, but regular Super Glue would work just as well. (picture 3)