View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Anyway, more about how the Amp flies...I've been gravitation towards my red one, which is sort of weird because I don't use too many understable discs. I must credit my recent learning of the Mamba with preparing for the understability of my red Amp...Even so, the Amp is a different kind of understable disc than the choices we currently have available on the market. It flies much more like a beat stable (concave) winged disc than an L or convex winged disc, so comparing it to discs like ASS/SW/RR doesn't do it justice. This makes it much more useful to more powerful players that would likely never use the other discs I just mentioned. If I throw one of those discs fast, they flip fast. My red Amp is always flipping slow (sort of like a beat 10x TB, or beat CE TL). Mike C throws with more power than I do, and I think the red one is a bit too understable for his throw, but it's not for me. And I think if Mike gets one just a bit more stable (like my white one or a little less stable than it).
Sounding more and more like my River. "Understable" line shaper. I have a Diamond that's truly understable, in that it won't come back on an anny line at all. Whereas my River is what I consider to be understable, but I can still drive it full speed and control it to almost any angle I want it for.