View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I've played Parkside already, but isn't there another course in Kenosha? Maybe I'll try to make it to Grey Fox this year since I wasn't able to go there a couple xmases ago.
The Orchid isn't worth the effort. Grey Fox is a fun course. Each 9 hole loop has a different flavor to it. Red Fox has woodchip pro tees that make it way! better. Leagues (best shot random doubles) are every Sunday at 10am and a second round flex start around 1pm usually. Great group of guys play year round (local pros to upper INT), morning rounds tend to be a lil bigger. Hopefully we'll see you out there.

Quote:
We Minnesotan Golfers don't get why WI pulls their courses in the winter...
When it gets cold in MN the ground actually freezes. Here the weather is more turbulant and the ground doesnt always stay frozen or snow covered. I remember when they didn't pull the Dretzka course during the winter....it was destroyed every year, so they closed it from March to May. I'd rather have it closed during the winter so I can play it in the Spring. But the Winter Course is a blast! Very fun and highly suggested.

Suggestions:
Grey Fox/Red Fox (Leagues Sun 10am & 1pm)
Dretzka Winter
Marengo (Leagues Sat 10am) <- About a hour further than Grey Fox better than its rating. Has carpet teepads and usually is abusive to your score. You WILL like this course, especially if you like Kaposia! when it gets cement tee pads I would say its on par with Kaposia (non-Majestic).
*sigh* I miss Twin Cities DG *sigh*