View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hey Prerube, I appreciate you posting here and bringing this up as you are one of more respected members of the DGCR community. I started playing seriously and as much as possible in March of this year and I wanted to be honest on my profile.

Ive loved Disc Golf for about 4 years but wasn't able to play with any fervor until this past March. I had a medical condition that restricted upper body movement and made walking for longer than 15 minutes very painful. In November of last year I had major surgery that fixed all my issues and after a long recovery period I was able to actually play. At this point my love of DG and addiction got much stronger.

I have always loved making videos, as amateur as they may be. With my newly found vigor for DG I decided to start making videos about it. I know that I am not the ideal candidate to do disc and equipment reviews but I love doing them anyway. I am not only targeting people who have been playing for a long time. Honestly I would like for my target audience to be newer players or people who have never heard of the sport before.

I consider myself to be a very average player and I never claim to be more than that. I throw drives around 375ft on good days, have a mild case of OAT, and still become mesmerized when a disc seems to stay in the air for an hour and weave its way through trees.

So while I am not the best person to be doing disc and equipment reviews, I love doing them and I am doing them from the perspective of an average player. These videos have also helped me clean up my own game, which alone makes them worth doing. Also, I love constructive criticism. Many of the people that consistently watch my videos have corrected any mistakes Ive made, given me tips, and suggested ways I can improve my videos or personal game.

So again, thank you for bringing this up as I have not actually taken the time to explain any of this before now. If you have any questions just ask

TLR version -

Loved the game a long time, played for real since March, love DG and making videos