View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 24
I just started to practice driving with LHBH last week and the progress is pretty good. First day it was like 200 feet or so from stand still, then increased to 240-250 feet the following day. Then on third day with "walking" X step, I was able to get my Volts out to around 270-300 feet. Will take time to develop better aiming and disc control.

The reason I decide to go for LHBH is that I have on going neck issues since July 2010 and my RHFH is not that great. I can throw some good lines/distance with RHFH but not as consistent as I wanted to be. Since I learned a lot of what is the ideal way to throw disc so it is good to start from the clean slate with my off-hand.

I won't be surprised if I can throw further with my left than my right. But I ll use right for putting/approaches anyway.

I think it would be advantageous for talented kid wanting to grow up as world champ to use both hands for BH. Yes FH is very useful for some situations (difficult lie, limited space etc) but BH is far more consistent in most situations and it would be big advantage to use BH on both sides.