Thread: [Gateway] Wizard/magic gateway craze
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: LHFH
G9i at Marshall Street

G9i is an older plastic Gateway used that molded up very flat and very stable in Wizards. It is a very firm but very grippy plastic (for a firm plastic). Recently Dave at Gateway acquired some more of this plastic (is it the exact same, eh) and reran Wizards in it. For a firm putter lover like myself, they are a dream. I will say that they've gotten even better with use too.

The most recent (re)runs caused quite a stir, but many lost interest when people reported theirs beating up and chunking pretty bad. Mine have taken a beating, but I haven't noticed any serious damage like the others. Most Wizards take a lot of damage early on and then seem to just stop showing any more in my experience. In an attempt to improve durability, Dave started messing with the blend, and I don't know what happened after that as I bought a pile from the first runs and the DGCR group buy (first or second run, same stamp but different colors and placement). I heard they weren't as flat, but I never stuck around the threads long enough to see how stable they were. As always, if I have any info wrong, please someone correct me.

There are a couple threads about them in the Equipment and Marketplace forums. Look around for them if you want more info about them. The threads stay on topic fairly well.

Last edited by tbird888; 12-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.