Thread: [Gateway] Wizard/magic gateway craze
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Regarding Evo Wizards...

I found them to typically be domey with a very high shoulder on the top of the wing compared to baseline. Like others said, similar flight except less glide. Very nice if you're like me and enjoy driving putters on short wooded courses, where baseline can beat up a little if you ding it off the tee (Even cracked a Wizard in half once that way).

I have found 1 Evo wizard that was absolutely amazing...but absolutely unique. It's gummy, yellow and FLAT, one of the flattest, shortest Wizards I've ever found. It was sold as an x-out from Marshall street and came with the SS stamp that has the wizard with the wand. It glides like a baseline Wizard, feels better in the hand than most Evo because it's so flat, and is tough as nails. Grabbed an ace or two with it before switching to Ions. This Wizard is one of the main reasons I quit throwing them, because it was the holy grail of driving wizards and I tried so hard to find more and couldn't. Then I fondled an older opaque S Ion and it felt very similar....gummy, grippy and flat. When I realized the Ion drove much the same except longer, and I could get my favorite putter driver plastic all day any day, I was sold. If anyone finds some of these I highly suggest driving the **** out of them, they're so nice.