View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
I could handle a full time job of upkeeping a disc golf course on my own. Every . . . course maybe not, but many courses . . . perhaps I become an independent contractor hired by a county to maintain all of their courses. There is no way 40 hours per week are needed to maintain an entire course. I am honestly trying to work my way in to be able to sell my maintenance services to some parks that can no longer keep up with the maintenance. Parks that have relied on volunteers to do it for many years. That is the old way of disc golf course maintenance but fewer and fewer people want to put down their bags to help maintain a course . . . I want to offer my 20 year career in golf course maintenance and lawn and landscape design and maintenance to some of these parks. Let me charge for the course, sell discs and give a portion back to the parks to pay my own salary.

Not sure how well received it will be but I am pushing for it because I think it would work great. I just need the right equipment. Since I own a landscape company I currently have the equipment to use until I can afford more specifically for this venture.
Mike,

Don't ask me to write you a letter of recommendation. I'd be forced to tell them the truth. That I think you'd be spending all your time playing and finding new courses to bag.

The Valkyrie Kid