View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronaut View Post
I saw some just like these at a Play I Again sports. They were selling for about 30 bucks. I had been wanting to try some Bangers after holding one that had been donated to a group that introduces kids to disc golf. $30.00 seemed a little steep for me. But also, they felt different from the one I had held before. Indeed they felt a lot domier. I wound up ordering some Pro D Bangers during the black friday sales, and they certainly are a lot flatter. I've never thrown the domier Bangers, so I don't know how they fly. But the flatter one's feel better in my hand. Anyway, all that was leading up to some questions: Do Bangers come in various degrees of dominess? Is it just the Z or Crystal Bangers or are others more domie as well? I like my Pro D Banger enough that I might consider getting it in a premium plastic eventually, but I would prefer to get it from the same mold as my current Pro D. Is that possible, or are all the premiums domie? Thanks.
All the Pro D, Soft, and new run Z and Flx bagers have felt pretty much the same to me. I would recommend starting with the softs or pro D and if you like them invest in either a new run cryztal flx from Gottagogottathrow or Dynamic discs (cheaper than 30$) or an ESP one (OOP but easy to find). Make sure the groove and you get along before paying up though!