View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 148
Throwing Style: LHBH
I agree Matt, this can be used as a tool to quote and site in a proposal, not nessesarily as a stand alone answer to solving problems. There are nice & obvious solutions in there, but they are from a well know university, which lends credibility to how to deal with and PREVENT some of the environmental, soil compaction and erosion problems that can be brought up by environmental types (which I consider myself one of 'them' also).

Its more about education and understanding the topic for most...

I've spent much of the last 20 years learning tree species and the positive vs. negative characteristics, educating myself for disc and personal reasons. Yet thought only about erosion as a soil problem. This brought up soil compaction, which got me looking into this as an environmental issue, which there I've found a lot of information about all over the web and from professional landscape designers. Never thought I would become educated in these topics, but it has helped greatly in this fine state of NJ to talk tree species to a municipality and design around how I can identify to remove invasive vs. leaving healthy indigenous trees to cut fairways... Just an exapmle, but goes to show education in some of these areas makes a big difference to some in gov't that make the decisions to "give us land to work and build a course on.