Thread: [Question] Multiples of the Same Mold
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
When I started, I had a small hodgepodge of discs - ones that I bought because I thought the name was cool, ones that I found and ones given to me. Eventually, I found "that disc" - the one that fit my most natural throwing motion. I bought a x-out champ firebird. I played several months with it, and my game grew by leaps and bounds. I then threw it on UNC #3. Got it stuck on the tree. Threw rocks at it for 30 minutes before knocking it into the pond. Had to wade in (in a brisk November drizzle) and it took about 5 minutes of feeling with my toes to recover it. Fortunately, no one thought to bust out the cell phone to document the occasion. Shortly afterwards I got a back-up. Now, 2 years later, I carry 5 firebirds, have 1 more completing the dying process. I am also about to add 2 xXx. I have learned the nuances between the FB molds (11x, 12x, star and glow). On my home course, I know which specific disc to throw on each hole. I have back-up discs for the 5 primary discs that I throw. I do add in a disc from time to time. If it works out, I try to get a back-up. If you're able to, get a back-up. If not, don't sweat it!