View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalbotTrojan View Post
They are all great discs. I dumped my zones in favor of the VP personally. If you are throwing the Summit, it is going to act understable. If you are putting or jump putting with them, they should stay pretty straight. The Ridge when you throw it will hold whatever line you put it on. The Sole tends to be right in between the Summit and the Ridge. The Sole never made it in my bag simply because I didn't need anything between the Summit and the Ridge.
Pretty good summary, but it should be noted that the Sole has more glide than the other molds. And it also has a different feel (shape) than the other three putters, so if you can feel them up before you buy, I'd recommend seeing which mold fits your hand the best.

If you don't mind me asking, MrGlass, why don't you want to try a VP? I originally was using the Sole as my in the circle putter when I first started using Vibrams, but the VP's absolute predictability won me over. And even if you don't want to putt with a VP, it is the definition of a perfect approach/ upshot disc; slow, overstable, not much glide which makes it easier to range, and it sits and sticks, especially in medium and extra especially in soft.

However, even if you are completely against trying a VP, all the Vibram putters are amazing discs in the circle, for approaches, and off the tee.