View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 1150
Throwing Style: RHBH
The south leg of your trip I can't help much, but the North leg I am quite familiar with.

As others have said, you might hit Santa Cruz, If I had to pick 2 to play again, I'd probably go with Dela and Black Mouse. I'd focus on the courses around SF and Tahoe before Sacramento, SF I'd recommend Stafford and Golden Gate (I also hear skyline can't be missed). My favorite in Tahoe was Kirkwood followed by Tahoe Regional.

Solitude is a good choice, (depends on how early in "spring" you're talking, the ski mountains might still be buried in snow, look into it), after that I'd drop down to moab and camp out at base camp. You might hit something on your way across colorado, CMC glenwood or one of the mountain courses could be fun.

Then I'd focus on the Denver area over red feather lakes, but if you're set on heading up there I'd play both courses. You've got Bailey, you might as well hit Conifer and Phantom (MM sounds nice too), that's two full days, there's plenty of camping in the national forest not too far from Bailey.

^the above I'd make a priority over anything east, a "western" road trip should focus on the west, being from okc KS could be a weekend trip any time - on KS, the locals will know more than I, nothing stands out as a must play to me until you get to KC, then your options are unlimited. Waterworks is a good choice, Paradise isn't a bad option, especially if you're needing a campground too, but you can focus on the city courses, Rosedale won't disappoint.

Any questions, feel free to ask, I can field questions on road tripping in general and anything related to playing disc golf on the road.