View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 29.7
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Dan,
I'm a big fan of the some of my local DG courses, so here is what I would do if this is your one and only opportunity out this way to the Bay Area. You really need 4 days (or more).

Day 1 - If you're going to play Auburn, you should really try to play Condon Park and Hanging Oaks too as suggested already. They are all about 20 minutes apart so you can play all three in a day. Gregg Barsby lives in Grass Valley and plays Condon all the time, and I have a buddy of mine who plays with him sometimes, so depending on his schedule you could maybe play a round with him if interested. All three are really fun courses IMO, and make for a fun day up in the foothills. Plenty of camping spots and reasonable motels up there too.

Day 2 - On your drive down to SF area, I would definitely play Shady Oaks and then play Skyline in Napa. You can camp right at Skyline for cheap (they have bathrooms too), great food is nearby, hit a winery or two if that appeals to you too.

Day 3 - Drive over to Stafford in the morning and have an epic round. Then drive south to SF and play Golden Gate Park around 1pm on a weekday so it's not crowded. Drive down to Santa Cruz and camp out in antipation...

Day 4 - Play DeLaveaga for 4 hours or so, grab lunch, then hit up one of the Monterey courses. Both Ryan Ranch and Pinto Lake are fun.

Day 5 - drive down to SoCal and hit up Lake Casitas on the way...

Feel free to hit me up via PM if you want to meet up or want further details on any of the in and outs of the courses, good food spots, etc. I play Napa and Stafford regularly, and my in-laws live in Grass Valley so I play all the courses up there a few times a year as well.

Tim S.

Last edited by timothyasteele; 01-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.