View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
There is a book titled Paper Tiger that is a pretty good read if you ever want to hear a first hand account of what it is like to try and make the PGA (not PDGA) tour. There are tons of great "better than scratch" golfers that will never ever get a PGA card and never play on tour, though can still end up making millions on the Nationwide Tour, combined with endorsements, etc. It really is a pretty good read, I got a kick out of it, I used to play golf every day, even took lessons from the Stanford men's coach (my cousin was on the team). But I was no gift to golf, and still would not be if I tried picking it back up, though disc golf (later in life) came very easy, and I do believe it is in part from my training in golf, especially when it comes to putting. I comfortably shoot scores as good or better than any of the MPO scores posted in the 2011 Pro Worlds at Ryan Ranch or CSUMB/Oaks, but in reference to MJ's comments, my scores are on my local courses playing with familiar faces playing at a relatively brisk pace, I would go crazy if I had to play those slow tournament rounds with some dude who is totally sweating a putt and taking 5 minutes before he actually tosses the disc. When spring rolls around, my goal will be to try and roll up 20 under rounds at Ryan Ranch and CSUMB/Oaks (they are each 27 holes).