Thread: [Recommend] The Freak's Best Friend(s)?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
Personally, I would look at what the PD DOESN'T do well and go from there.
Yeah, That's what I'm trying to figure out... I love that a heavier C-PD can cover hard winds and Hyzer drives. S-PD's can be controlled distance drives, and P-PD's can be distance, eventually hyzerflippers and Turnover shots. BUT...all of that only works to a certain point. No PD will give me a nice S shot, or a straighter, tighter distance line (the P-PD will for a little bit before it starts flipping more), or MAX D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disctildeath View Post
A good one to compliment it is the Avenger SS, converted to a Innova/Discmania rating it would be 10/5/-3/1, so you will have something that handles shots that need turnover and it throws one of the best hyzer flips in the game (I have an FLX and it's my main driver), another to consider if you don't won't something quite that understable or fast would be the Gateway Assassin, it's a bit slower than the PD though faster than most fairway/control drivers, but has great glide and will easily shape any line you put on it, stable for small arms, bigger arms can get a gentle turn on it with some snap put behind it.
I'm ideally looking at something FASTER than a PD or right on par with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
You have a bigger arm than I do, then. I can get a NEW S-PD out about as far as my C-PDs...say 350 ish. I can get beat in S and P PDs to 375-400,
That's all the further I can throw em too. I get to around 350 on a good drive with a 170g S-PD.