View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Bagger

It seemed the more discs I added to my bag the more my back ached at the end of a round. Forget trying to carry any extra stuff like an umbrella, chair, jacket, water, etc. So I've been looking at pull-carts, etc. I found some pretty cool looking carts but didnt want to spend $200.00.
I bought a rolling backpack for $20.00 & used that for a while. It took all the weight off my back as hoped & I was able to carry a bunch of stuff & just wheel it around! But it wasnt built very sturdy & the wheels were too small! Anything but smooth terrain and it felt like I was dragging the bag around. I realised I needed bigger wheels! Here's my new cart:

Got it for $33.00 + shipping on eBay!
I picked this model because it has a fold-out chair built in:

Holds many discs! It's wide enough at the bottom so I ordered another accordian divider. Now I can carry even more discs!

Not much auxilary storage space so I attached a Ching bag to hold my mini-marker & pencil, etc. The handle is comfortable & sturdy looking. The 'bag' is tall so for now I've got the front edge turned down to gain access to the discs. I'm going to cut it down on the sides later & angle it back to get more clearance. There is a draw-string incorporated into the top edge that could be used as a rain shield if I do it correctly:

I put some closed-cell foam inside this little storage compartment to add some comfort to my back when seated. This may change back to storage space later:

The tires are a hard but grippy plastic. They feel hollow but they are not air-filled. I should be able to attach an umbrella to the cart with some velcro straps if I need to. I super-glued the little black plastic feet to the frame so they would stay put.