Thread: [MVP] MVP Shock
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Pwingles, zj and Zam can correct me, but...
Theres nothing to correct, theyre right (i really need to check that interview out). I am a physics retard. But, the theory of the gyro tech isnt beyond me. I see the pro's of it, and what you can achieve. But, what theyre describing isnt a 'truly OS' disc in the commonly accepted way that we use the term. In reality, all discs are speed stable. But, some are more so. Xcal and Boss are good examples. I could see them making an XCal type disc, that will be hard enough to get to cruisig speed and stay there, that i would be an OS mold for most. It would be much easier to make that disc with a wide wing. I think a FB or XXX type disc would be very hard to attain using the gyro tech inthe way it was intended. There would be very little room to have enough overmold on the edge. It seems to me, that to make a meat hook mid or driver with a narrower rim, they may have to scrap the gyro idea all together forthat mold. Its counterintuitive for me to think that a disc with technology that makes the line easier to hold, would be conducive to a hard fading disc and a wind fighter