View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i know it's and issue and i've been a huge supporter or drug testing. I've never touched the stuff including cigs and other smoke related products, I have always cared about my body why poison my lungs or help for a temporary "good" feeling. i know a lot of the younger players feel the same way (Will S. and Ricky W) off the top of my head. You can see how those 2 and myself are pushing the Clean imagne to the best of our ability not to mention we are currently 1-2-3 in the world. I think if we want to be taken seriously the top players should be drug tested. If we want to make it our profession we should lead by example and not just push this "hippie" imagne anymore. I honestly wouldn't allow drugs on my card i won't shy away from informing a TD, Cigs bug me enough i always give Feldberg a hard time everytime he pulls one out. I'm with you 100% on this issue.
A LOT of DGers smoke.. me included.. but if I'm with a group of guys I dont know/have never played with, I always ask first before lighting one. Just common courtesy IMO. I also have a plastic baggie for my cigarette butts that I keep in one of the pockets on my bag and when that gets full I just throw it away. When I played baseball for Boise State University I used to get sh*t all the time for smoking.. about how bad it is for me.... as the person who was giving me sh*t, had a fat dip in their mouth Lol Always found that funny.