View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 AM

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
I am by no means a videographer, and am doing my best to be a amateur disc golfer, lol. With that said, I am not trying to make aerial video mainstream. I just want some cool videos of me and my friends on the course. My entire setup costs less than $400. It is a toy, first and foremost, and I enjoy the hell out of it. It is wicked fun to fly, and will pull off some pretty sick aerobatics. I can get about 15 minutes out of each battery and should be able to do a complete 18 hole course flyover with 3 batteries. I want to fly each hole at a given course, in the optimal flight path of a disc, to give viewers a good idea of how a particular course could be thrown. This will never replace other forms of video for events, but it could provide some GREAT clips to be used for promotions and highlight reels.

As far as noise goes, as long as I am more than 30 feet away from anyone, they wont notice it that much, if at all. I don't plan to fly remotely close to anyone, simply for liability reasons. I have practiced flying over a person teeing off and following the disc down the fairway, and they did not say anything about being distracted.

In any case, this should be an interesting season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteyBear View Post
Pretty cool video, you need to install an attachment that can grab your buddies beers while they are turned away.
YES, that would be AWESOME! Unfortunately, my quad would not have the power to pick up a beer, at least not one full enough to justify taking, lol.