View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
I actually had a guy from work take some video on my phone today. I can see about trying to figure out how to upload that. One thing I noticed for sure watching myself is that the nose is coming off too high, and I'm definitely not getting the kind of snap I see better players getting.

I just found out about towel drills yesterday, so I'll probably start trying that.

anborn mentioned getting another Leopard and trying that, and I actually already did. (which is why I have 2) My newer one is only moderately better. But more than any other disc I really feel like I have to try and compensate by adding hyzer to it when I throw it to keep it from flying left. (i use a LHBH)

I've heard other people mention "oating" before, and didn't understand what that was. I'll have to look into that, maybe that's what I'm doing.

I definitely have a tendency to keep the nose too high, and that's probably the biggest problem I know about.

Also, I've been really trying to work on the "starting the lawn mower" motion that so many people talk about, but I've found that I have a really difficult time adding any hyzer or anhyzer to my release while simultaneously doing a nice, sharp "snap" on my release. This is probably the thing about the release point that baffles me the most.