View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
I am running my first few events this year. I have found there are a lot of fees that people don't account for. Some have already been said like park rental and scorecards. I did not see insurance thing come up. Some towns require you to insure your event from injuries. I have wondered why Crowley bicent park didn't run a lot of tourneys. The city requires 150 fee plus 150 deposit plus proof of insurance. And there was a few other little things here and there. Also you need to think about td's expenses of travel, website set up, disc shipping. I am trying to run my tourneys just to have money invested back in park but I am still stuck with the bill on a lot. That being said some td's do better job with money then others. I also learn from my past two experiences. I paid the same price pretty much (maybe 5 less don't remember). But one I got a base challenger putter. The other I got a glow z stalker and a choice of one other disc. I chose a volt. Then they came back and threw in a wizard. I know I will play the 2nd company more often.