View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Things I don't understand? What qualifies you as somebody who does and me as someone who doesn't? What you've made some videos, does that qualify you?

My qualification is my eyes, I can watch something and tell you if it sucks or not. I can see what the limitations are of each aspect. It's not rocket science, even idiots watch something and tell you if it sucks.

I've made my points and the only thing you can do is naysay without a supporting argument.

Have you seen the copter in action? Unless you have then it's you who doesn't have a clue. Quit being butt hurt because the copter takes better video than you.

They're already using the copter for major pro sports, I guess those people are dumb to.
Heh, you sure I'm the butthurt one in this dialogue?

I let my resume, references, and fact that I'm in the industry speak for itself. PM me if you'd like my CV/reel...but I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest, so let's squash that part. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying anyway.

I agree that this copter/camera is a great variant on the typical (and I actually said that in my previous post as well). I never was speaking about your eyesight, aesthetic perceptiveness, or notions of suckage.

What you were exposing your lack of knowledge on is on 2 fronts - one being how golf tournaments are filmed (and thus disc golf, since it's the typically imitated format), and the other being why they're filmed that way...though I suspect you were exaggerating what the other guy was saying in the first place in order to prove your point, but you did post so I'm taking it at face value.

In a nutshell, what it boils down to is expertise. Camera operating for sports is not a field you just show up one day and get to the A-list. When you combo that with a master RC helicopter pilot skillset, it becomes expensive to payroll that specific niche operator...and if you want quality you need two people for that job anyway.

So, while you can say you've made your points - I'll contend that your points are ill-informed with regards to filming procedures and also the overall skill levels required to properly execute something you're touting as a "better" way to shoot disc golf tournaments.