View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
Unless you're scamming, I don't see how transparency hurts you.
Agreed. But I think the key is full transparency after the event, so players can look at it and say "okay, I got my money's worth" and future players can look at it and say "this event has given great value in the past".

I once took the full transparency before the event route. On the tournament flyer, the entry fees were broken down to show exactly where every dollar was intended to go...pdga fees, local series fees, greens fees, player pack, payout, charity, lunch, etc, etc. The problem that caused was not accusations of scamming, but cries and whines of "why are you including this" and "I don't want to pay for that". Some mistook the breakdown for an a la carte menu, expecting that they could discount the PDGA fee from their entry because they weren't members and didn't care to have their score sent in, or discounting the player pack because they didn't want one, etc.

Much more of a headache dealing with that than the occasional malcontent who wanted to know where their money went after the fact.