View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Have seen some adventure sport shoots were they had to use some sort of copter cam. I doubt they were using a helicopter in the mountains of Nepal so I guess they were using something similar to this. It has practical applications and it's the same thing as the eye in the sky in football stadiums except not on a fixed tether. I've been amazed at how smooth it is though, I would love to see what the stabilizer looks like on it.

Jttacoma can you at least admit that Chains, and Pro Worlds is never going to happen?
Links to the vids you're talking about? I'd love to check 'em out. As for RC vs real helo, it would depend on what the footage looks like. If it's a sport with any cashflow behind it likely it's a real helicopter - as the heaviest thing you're going to mount on a RC is a DSLR, and those aren't the most loved format for HD broadcasting workflows...not saying it *couldn't* be, just giving insight into the typical.

As for Chains and the Pro Worlds 2011 DVD, I honestly don't know. I caught a ton of flak for sticking up for someone who attempted an atlas-like feat for our sport, and I feel like people hated on it because they don't understand the process so they grossly underestimate it. However, the entire time I was speaking for myself, not as an official mouthpiece of either project. I was simply brought on by Derek to help shoot those two as well as a third project that never really got off the ground. I have no power over any of it, so I'm not really sure why dogging me about it is productive in any way, shape, or form. I suspect it is simply schadenfreude which drives the desire to win an argument where you (and others) took up a position which ultimately is counter-productive to advancing the sport's image. You are entitled to believe what you will about those projects, as am I. My official position is optimism and hope that they will see the light of day - and while I'm no fool and recognize the reputation of the projects has been damaged by the delays - I have faith that people will enjoy them nonetheless and they will still have a positive impact on the game.