View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Footnote to above: I do think TD's promoting a certain payout, such as "100% payout" or "$1000 cash added", have an obligation to show how that was calculated.
I believe that if you advertise 100% payout, you need to payout 100% of what the players pay in. When i advertised the SC Doubles Championship as 100% payout, all of the money that came in for each division went back out to the division in cash or prizes. All of the PDGA fees, cost of the player packs and CTPs were all covered by sponsorship dollars.

Twice when i was short sponsor dollars, I advertised '100% Not Including PDGA Fees'.

I've heard from some players complain about players packs....even the year i had 3 different Discraft Discs and 3 different Innova discs (each played got to pick 2 discs), t-shirts with team names on them and stash minis.

When ive done this event, all the CTPs prizes have been out of my personal collection mixed with discs remaining from past events ive run (i always order extra) and players have still complained.

I goes to show you can truly go all out and still players find something wrong.