View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sorry if I'm just being redundant, but I'm not about to read this entire thread.

1) Firt thing to remember whne playing a hevaily wooded course: All you want outta your tee shot is a clean look at the basket. Use more controllable discs (mids and putters mostly) off the tee - chances are you'll get better results staying away from drivers altogether on tight courses because placement is more important that distance off the tee. Another 20' further down the fairway is useless if it leaves you with a crapppy lie/in jail/etc. For the most part, drivers tend to have more fade than mids and putters, so even if you throw it on a rope, and it holds the desired line, there's a decent chance your fade and/or skip puts you in the weeds if it's a tight hole, and you'e left having to work around, over or through something on your 2nd shot. Your better off powering down and using whatever discs you personally have the most control with.

2) Play more wooded courses. Playing courses that really make you hold a line can really teach you about finnese and shot shaping. Not saying you can't do that in the open, but I just think carving a line through the trees helps you visualize what you want to do, as well as help you guage how far your shots go before they turn fade, etc.