Thread: [MVP] MVP Shock
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Soooooo.....

This may have already been covered, but to cover this in Innova terms (since it is the most commonly used brand...) the fairway lineup is supposed to be along these lines:

Shock-Teebird
Volt-Eagle
Amp-Cheetah? Sidewinder?

I ask this in question form. I love my Volt, but I still carry an 11x Champ Eagle because they are very different discs. I hated the Amp, because I don't really use Understable discs, even though the Amp wasn't really that Understable, IMO. Just trying to I guess gauge what MVP's intent is. I don't think there's anything that would kick the Teebizzle out of my bag, but I could potentially see the Shock replacing my Ascent. So...to the masses: what do you all think?
I think MVP's intent is clear: make the best flying discs they can that fit exactly what experience players ask for and buy the most. They probably realize that for most people the teebird is a very hard disc to compete with if you try to make an identical disc, most who try fail and can't help but look a little incompetent. The slot that most newer companies seem to be trying to fill right now is the faster 'speed 9-10' slot, because it is very popular on the forums and people aren't locked so hard into their disc in that slot as they are to their 'speed 6-8' tb, eagles, and leopards. The amp flies leopard-esque, the volt flies kind of like a beat up teebird or tl, and the shock looks like it is going to fly like a brand new champ eagle or teebird; but they are all faster 1.9-2.0 rims with new technology and feel.

Pwingles the ascent is faster and more stable; it's very PD-esque.