Thread: [MVP] MVP Shock
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thirdsies on the Ascent/Eagle, but I would say the Ascent is a bit more stable for me (probably not for bigger/better arms). I have a lot of overlap in my bag, but I see it:

Ascent/PD: same rim width, similar flight, but despite the similar rim width, I can get more D out of a PD..I can use a PD for pure distance, where I can't for Ascent

Eagle/Ascent: Eagle has more turn initially (very slight) but can beat in for shot-shaping...the Ascent retains it's flight charecteristics forever (it would seem). I can get the Ascent about 20 feet farther.

Volt/Eagle: Extremely similar flight paths, but the Volt is much longer. PD long for me.

Volt/Teebird: Teebird is much more HSS, with a stronger fade. I carry a Star Teebird and get a new one every few months because I like them to be very straight. I get about the same D with them, but the Volt requires much less effort to get there.

Like I said, I have so much overlap in my bag it's ridiculous, but it works for me, you know? Even still, if I like the Shock something has GOT to come out of the bag. But what will it be, is my main question. Obviously there's no super-thorough reviews yet, and even still, i need to throw it to figure out. If it's as good as the Volt for me, it may end up kicking out the PD AND the Ascent. But we will see...