View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadjo View Post
The event will be one tee for all divisions. *As a temp course set up, the amount of work to get two tees or more per hole isn't in the cards.

It doesn't interest me much at all. I like having a pin placement in the trees and have the tee a hundred or more outside of the trees. I think trying to hit your spot might be more of a challenge than trying to play right down the center.

I also think a tee inside the trees with the first 50-100 feet be straight out the shoot would be fun.

I just wonder if we don't give players the option to play that 385' down the trees if they'll be disappointed.
How wide it that total area? Is there enough room to have the "signature" hole along with other holes using the same grove of trees?

I have an alternate hole on my private course that does one of your ideas. It's a very narrow gap for about 100' before opening up. Make it out of the tree line and you're in good shape. Catch a tree early (on this normally short hole) and you might be in jail for good (or bad).