View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Again, for anyone that expects the Shock to be anything. Try to go at it with an open book

MVP is making new types of drivers. The gyro makes them fly different at high and low speeds than anything anyone else makes. The breaking points(turn/fade) on the Shock are drastically different form anything currently available.
I agree. The same with all their discs, really. I tried the Ion to potentially replace my Pigs or Rhynos, and found that it is an entirely different animal. The Volt was going to be my "go to" fairway driver, and now it's my go-to shorter distance driver. I don't think the Shock is going to replicate anything I already have...there will, I'm sure, be overlap but as I previously stated I have so much overlap it's just silly. I'm jsut wondering what, if anything, the Shock is going to kick out of the bag. I'm not in love with my PDs or Ascent, so I'm thinking it might be them...

or the Shock could always be MVP's first folly. We'll see, for sure. I only pre-ordered one (from CommunityDiscs, though I was veeerrrryyyy tempted to pre-order one of the Skullboy/ZAM Shocks from DN) because I don't want to get burned like I did with the Amp. The Amp and the Shock are the only discs I've ever pre-ordered so yes, I am an MVP fanboy...but not to the point of defending them to my last breath.