View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Again, for anyone that expects the Shock to be anything. Try to go at it with an open book

MVP is making new types of drivers. The gyro makes them fly different at high and low speeds than anything anyone else makes. The breaking points(turn/fade) on the Shock are drastically different form anything currently available.
Agreed.

The closest thing to the Volt I've ever messed with is the Stalker...I feel like the Volt is a stout-hearted Stalker. Say, Stalker soul with Teebird heart?

I also feel like MVP, with these 3 drivers, aren't necessarily thinking "we all need one of each in the bag." My take on the Volt is, if I ever pull my game together enough, the shots that all 3 would cover, together, could all be pulled off without too much 'forcing' by the Volt. And, to carry that another step further, the Shock, Volt, and Amp may be designed more as the same disc to different power levels...like, one of the 3 could be the go-to control driver for most any player?

The last is more theoretical, since clearly I haven't been in the same room with a Shock yet, and didn't bother with the Amp since a lot of what it would do for me I can do with the Volt....more on this later once I get my Shock(s).