View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
A couple of my buddies do this. Prime examples are throwing Bosses and Xcals with release points at 10 clock back hand and 2 or 3 o clock forehand.
Perhaps wrong, but wouldn't 3 o'clock be perfectly flat forehand?

At any rate, a dude I know does this. Throws a Nuke or X-Cal off of any piece of concrete or anything resembling a teepad. 250' or 600' doesn't matter. Nuke it.

Thing is, he has fun and that's what really matters. He generally approaches well and putts better than an epileptic monkey (me) so if he's cool with it, I'm cool with it.

Is it "proper" form and technique, not by a longshot. But he has a good time with it and he's not hurting anybody else by dropping Nukes all the time, so good for him. If he asked my opinion, I'd likely offer some advice... but until he does he'll hear nothing from me.

I generally think that this is a good way to handle yourself on a course, in a grocery store, or wherever. Don't go around offering advice to people who haven't asked your opinion. If I see you pick up a can of super cheap, off brand Vienna sausages, I wouldn't do the same but I'm not going to go out of my way to tell you the mistake you're making. I'll just pick up the first non-dented can of Hormel and move along.