View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Vibram Company Rep

Years Playing: 27.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt410 View Post
I've never thrown any Vibram discs, but my course is hosting a Birdie Bash that I want to sign up for so I hoped you guys might have some feedback on the two discs I should request with my player's pack. My main putter is a Ringer -- I love the stability and the low profile. My "do everything" disc is a max weight ESP Zone that I use off the tee, and for tons of different approaches because it's so reliable. I rarely throw anything super high speed anymore, and a 168 Opto Saint is my main distance driver. I carry a lot of fairways, and think if Vibram has something like an Eagle-X or an FD-Jackal those would work. Thanks.
While the VP is nice and overstable, I think it is quite a bit taller than the Ringer - and quite a bit more overstable. For the putter part of this, I'd actually suggest a Summit (unless I've had way too little sleep, I think it has a similar height and flight to the Ringer). For the driver/mid portion, I'd suggest an Obex. While it is not as overstable as a Zone (by any stretch!), I believe it is much more controllable and over the course of two rounds of driving with it, I suspect you will find it to be an amazingly predictable disc.

My $.02.