View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 155
Throwing Style: RHBH
Its not often you get a chance to throw down elevation like at Stumpy. And you get to do it 6-7 times. It usually goes like this. "OK putter all day but dang, I can eagle this hole the basket is right here, let me get out that flippy destroyer, I'll put it on a slight hyzer and it'll pop up nice and flat. Snap, crack...." then you watch that highspeed disc impossibly fly 200' dead left past 1000 trees....and it takes you 3 throws back to the fairway or you play up a border fairway.
Then people review...18 is boring (-1 Disc). LOL x 10. After pinging around the woods for 2 hrs, you get out and have 2 side hill baskets that love roll aways (14&16), are you really complaining about 2 wide open throws on 17 and 18 (both surrounded on 3 sides with OB)?? Most people I play with crave that frustration grip and rip they get to do on the last 2 holes by the time they get to them.

Its a real shame that I haven't upgraded the pictures. The course is NOT that furry. The park and I have killed green long enough that the fairways are pretty much like your typical nothing grows here disc golf fairway. The trees leaning in on most of the fairways have been removed since then. We had 6" of wet snow the winter before these pictures and a lot of small trees bent into the fairway, they have been dealt with.

Last edited by 1978; 01-30-2013 at 04:12 PM.