View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
The only place I have actually seen people play their ratings is Southern California. But, it is a lot easier to shoot a higher rated round there than it is where I live now in Colorado. I am not sure if the division names mean that much, I think that TDs know that they can fill a tournament with the higher divisions and when it is a bigger tournament, more higher division people means more money. There are a lot of one day tournaments or other C-Tier tournaments that offer Rec, and on rare occsions Novice, but there are just not many people at that level that think, hey lets go play a sanctioned tournament. I started in Rec and played Rec until I won a tournament. Then I played Intermediate until I won a tournament and now I play Advanced. At some point my rambling wil stop and I will make a point. There are different ways to run tournaments and different players that you cater to by running a tournament a particular way. Not every tournament is for every player. Sometimes you can be choosey and sometimes you play in whatever division is offered. With more and more tournaments each year, the likelihood that you will find a tournament that fits what you are looking for increases. But it also means a higher likelihood of finding a tournament that will not meet your expectations.