View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLong View Post
playing with better people is for practice and casual rounds, not for tourneys IMO. you need to be focused on your game, your head, and the course. and you also need to learn how to win, if you want to get better (skill-wise) AND be able to do it in a competitive environment. if you know that you have no chance of cashing, and consistently play in that division, i think it will dull your ability to deal with pressure once you actually get better.
I agree with you, but that's a bit of a blanket statement. I'm "pro" in two sports. I play advanced in disc. I feel like playing tourneys above your level hones your ability to focus on just what you're doing. If you are in a tournament thinking how the other guys are doing, you are going to beat yourself.

In general in the sports I play (downhill mountain bike racing, bowling) I'm all for less division break ups. I hate age catagories. I don't care how old you are if you are advanced you should be able to play with and advanced 10 or 50 year old.