Thread: [Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDodge View Post
While the VP is nice and overstable, I think it is quite a bit taller than the Ringer - and quite a bit more overstable. For the putter part of this, I'd actually suggest a Summit (unless I've had way too little sleep, I think it has a similar height and flight to the Ringer). For the driver/mid portion, I'd suggest an Obex. While it is not as overstable as a Zone (by any stretch!), I believe it is much more controllable and over the course of two rounds of driving with it, I suspect you will find it to be an amazingly predictable disc.

My $.02.
Thanks for your feedback. I'm picking up some new discs tomorrow, so I'm going to fondle some potential Vibram discs while I'm there. Even if the shape of the VP isn't that similar to a Ringer I think that's what I'll lean to because then I can use it as basically a mid and putter, plus have an actual driver out of the two discs. My Zone is my most used midrange, even though it's a putter, so hopefully the VP suits me. And, honestly, I'm a pretty awful putter anyways and most of my birdies come from nice and close and don't require much of a putt. I doubt our course will be set up super short, so I like the idea of something like the Ascent in the bag to give myself a look at birdie on some longer holes.